By exploring the health benefits that will inspire you to incorporate Gir cow Ghee into your daily diet; this article will motivate you to give it a try.
Traditional Ghee is a well-loved and popular addition to some of our favorite dishes; from breakfast indulgences such as paratha, bread toast to dinner delicacies like everyday sabzis, daals, chapatis and rotis; even in popular desserts such as halwa and all other kinds of sweet dishes. This multi-purpose spread is exceptionally common in Indian household and adds a beautiful flavour to many incredible dishes. However, there’s another form of Ghee available, also known as Gir Cow Ghee, or Desi Cow Ghee, that is equally delectable, and also essential to our diets.
What is Gir Cow Ghee?
Essentially, it is a Ghee produced with the milk of Gir variety Cow, or Desi Cow. This Desi breed of cow originates from ancient India and is known for its humps. Desi Cow’s humps are claimed to have better health benefits than the average cow hump, whose milk is often distributed popularly in other countries. While the properties of what exactly makes a Gir Cow’s hump so special is rather speculative. Extensive research and studies have proven that this breed of cattle does possess exponentially healthier benefits than those in traditional milk and Ghee.
Some of these health benefits include:
- Immunity Boost: Various Vitamins in Gir Ghee, such as A2, E, D, and Omega 3, help to boost the body’s immunity to external pathogens and build overall immunity & stamina.
- Bone Health: The amount of Vitamin D present in Desi Ghee is said to promote healthy bones and even physical development.
- Digestive Improvement: The butyric acid in Gir Ghee assists in digestion and anti-inflammatory processes in the body. In addition, Gir Ghee is said to be the easiest of dairy fats that can be digested by the human body.
- Reducing Inflammation: Research shows that the butyrate enemas and oral butyrate present in Ghee are often effective in reducing bodily inflammation.
- Dermatological Enhancement: Gir Ghee is said to effectively treat burns, soften the skin, and promote skin smoothness. It is also claimed to slow the ageing process.
The benefits of Desi Cow Ghee are plenty. It is not only delicious with nutty flavour , but also has added health benefits that you wouldn’t necessarily get from eating traditional ghee, butter, or even from Non-Desi Cow milk. We suggest adding a serving of Gir Ghee to your next meal to begin reaping the benefits that this wonderful spread has to offer. Not only will your meal be delicious, but full of health-boosting components, too. Your body, and taste buds, will soon acknowledge you.